New Zealand Skilled Workers
Skilled Migrant Category Visa
To apply for this visa you need to be under 55 years of age, be healthy and have no criminal record. You will then need to have the correct amount of points based on your age, training and education, work experience and finally your English language ability.
Benefits of this visa
- You and your family will be able to live anywhere in New Zealand
- You and your family will be able to live and work in New Zealand permanently
- You and your family will have full access to all healthcare benefits
- You and your dependents will be entitled to educational subsidies
- You will be entitled to vote
- After two years you and your family can apply for New Zealand citizenship.
What you need to know
Application for Skilled Migrant Category visa is a two-stage process. You must first submit an Expression of Interest (EOI). If you have enough points, you will be issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA). For the Expression of Interest you must meet a minimum requirement of points. Take our free online assessment to see if you are eligible for a Skilled Migrant Category visa.